Any obstacle race is part mental, part physical, and how well you do is directly related to how you train!
During this two-day camp, you will get the ultimate training from the best in the OCR business, covering obstacle techniques, strength, conditioning, mechanics of running, parkour, recovery, nutrition, mental toughness and how to train.
Pictures from Spring 2017
What to Expect?
We will cover everything you need to build a strong athletic foundation for any obstacle race, endurance event, or workout routine!
At the end of camp, apply your new skills to face a mud run before heading home accomplished!
Camping overnight is included!
- Late Summer/ Fall 2017 Specific dates TBD
- MYLO Obstacle Fitness
Schedule from the Spring 2017 Camp
What to bring?
- Camping Gear: tent, sleeping bag, pillow
- Workout Gear: water bottle, gloves (if you prefer them)
- Clothes: workout shirts, long socks, shoes with good traction or trail shoes, workout pants, light jacket (if weather is cooler), underwear
- Shower Kit: shower gear, towels
- Snacks and Food: Bring snacks to hold you over between meal times. Please plan to pack meals for both days. Catering options have not been decided.
- Recommended snacks
- Almonds or Trail Mix
- Protein bars
- Recommended snacks
We have several options for enjoying the OCR Training Camp. You may upgrade at any time during the camp!
- $35 – Saturday Spectator or Drop-in Pass: Listen to the talks and observe the techniques being practiced. Observe the whole day or drop-in at any time as you are able. You will not be able to ask questions in QA sessions or jump onto the obstacles but may upgrade to the Saturday Participant Pass during the camp day.
- $75 – Saturday Participant Pass: Listen to and participate in talks and practice sessions on Saturday. You will be able to ask questions during the QA, jump on the obstacles, and experience the finest of OCR coaching.
- $40 – Sunday Pass (Race Only): Practice your OCR skills with a mini mud run event. This course will put all skills learned during Saturday to the ultimate test!
- $120 – Weekend Pass (Includes Overnight Camping): Listen to and participate in talks and practice sessions on Saturday. You will be able to ask questions during the QA, jump on the obstacles, and experience the finest of OCR coaching. At the end of Saturday, join the coaches for an evening around the campfire and camp overnight at MYLO Obstacle Fitness. Take this time to tap into the coaches wealth of knowledge before facing a mini mud run Sunday morning!
- For more info give us a call at 512-386-7405, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Fill out this form to recieve updates on the next camp!
Spring 2017 Event Trainers
Mylo is considered by most to be one of the best instructors on obstacles in the United States. He believes your body is capable of executing extraordinary things. He started doing endurance events and obstacle course racing. He loved the accomplishment that he felt. He loved the camaraderie, getting dirty and seeing new obstacles!
Mylo started a new fitness trend in Austin, TX called Obstacle Fitness, individuals train mentally and physically through the use of obstacles. He now trains people on a 75 acre gym. Mylo has trained more than a thousand people on how to do obstacles. He teaches beginner, intermediate and advance methods of conquering obstacles.
Mylo has been featured in the New York Times, Business Insider, Men’s Fitness Magazine, Day Tripper, Austin Fit Magazine, Almost Real Things Magazine and many more.
I have been competing in the sport of OCR since 2011. I started off like many
in the sport by signing up for the local Warrior Dash a
nd was immediately hooked. I jumped in to the Spartan circuit and did everything backwards as two of my first five Spartan races were completing the 2012 Ultra Beast and the 2013 Death Race which lasted 72 hours. Since then, I’ve completed two more Ultra Beasts and many Sprints, Supers, & Beasts.
I finished in the top 50 in the Spartan elite points standings for 2014 & 2015. I’ve won Joe Decker’s 12 hour “The Suck” twice, I had an epic time in Las Vegas earning a 50+ mile World’s Toughest Mudder Bid in 2014 & 2015. In my three BattleFrog races, I’ve place 2nd overall, two 1st place and one 2nd place in the Master’s Division. I have multiple podium finishes in various other OCR races.
I’m a competitive Master’s Track and Field athlete who’s been competing in track, road, and trail racing since my high school and college days when I was a state of Texas medalist in the 1600m and went to the University of North Texas on a Track/Cross Country scholarship. I was also a Powerlifter and Football player in high school. I spent four year in the US Navy where I began to realize my true passion for fitness. After the Navy I played a year of Semi-Pro Football in the California-based PFL. For the past 13 years my wife Amy and I have partnered in the ownership of sCULPture Nutrition & Fitness.
I’ve been providing personal training, coaching fitness boot camps, programming for OCR athletes, coaching weekly OCR workouts/races, and providing sports performance training for the Cedar Park High School Athletic Program with a focus on Football and Track & Field athletes. In 2015 I launched YancyCamp.com where we provide online coaching with my OCR Program and the top level athletes I train in the sport, Strength & Conditioning with Coach Bennie Wylie and his Lean & Fit or Lean Mass Programs, and acceleration/speed/power training with Coach Chad Leath.
I’m a Spartan SGX Coach, have been an ACE Certified Personal Trainer for 13 years, I’m a sponsored on the BeetElite Pro Team, and I’m the Director of Inspiration for Until Life Makes Sense. My wife Amy is the Sports Performance Dietitian for the University of Texas Athletics Department and we have a nutrition private practice in Austin. We have two amazing kiddos – Lily & Scout. I’m 44 years young, and there isn’t a person walking the planet who loves life, fitness, and the sport of OCR more than I do.
Valerie Hunt has been coaching strength + endurance for 25 years in ATX. She is currently a Head Coach for CrossFit PoseMethod specialty course, owner of BVM CrossFit and RunRx. With over 25 years of training experience and a B.S. in Kinesiology from University of Texas she has coached athletes of ages & abilities in running faster while preventing injuries.
Nadja is the owner of Nutrishop- South Austin. Nutrishop is filling a void in the retail nutrition industry and providing health-conscious consumers with unparalleled customer service and an extremely diverse selection of superior, cutting-edge nutritional supplements at guaranteed low prices.
Nutrishop strives to provide the necessities to help individuals achieve their fitness goals. Their team will spend quality time with you and offer unparalleled service to ensure optimal results. Regardless of your fitness goals, they are here to assist you in meeting or even exceeding those goals. They call this The NUTRISHOP Experience!
Practicing Airrosti since 2013, Amanda has been relieving pain for clients. Airrosti differs from other treatment options available. They take a very patient-centric approach to musculoskeletal care. Whether chronic or recent injury or pains, their goal is to get you out of pain as quickly as possible and back to doing what you love.
Want more information?
Reach out to us at email@example.com or give us a call at 512-386-74056.