The Public Relations intern coordinates the promotion of Mylo Obstacle Fitness (MOF) through social media, website management, content development, public relations, graphic design, and special events. Interns at MOF are encouraged to take initiative on projects, allowing them to gain professional experience, exposure to the outdoor fitness industry, and develop specialized skills. The Public Relations Manager will develop expertise in project management and have the opportunity to network with Austin’s professional community.
- Produce and edit content for the organization’s newsletter and website.
- Assist in the production of quarterly newsletters and annual report.
- Contribute new ideas regarding public relations, marketing and community outreach.
- Maintain MOF’s website content.
- Coordinate publicity for MOF events.
- Manage social media.
- Draft Press releases.
- Prepare publicity brochures, handouts and promotional materials
- Update and maintain media contacts
- Other communications / marketing duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Graphic design or publication experience.
- Experience with basic web design.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite
- internet savvy, experience working with social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc..) and content management systems such as WordPress.
- Must be available at least 10 hrs per week.
- Attend monthly intern meetings.
- Assist with MOF fundraising events
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Graphic Design or a related field.
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
This is an unpaid internship. Some students may be eligible for academic credit upon successful completion of the internship. Please contact your academic adviser to determine if you qualify.
To apply, please submit letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org