Health and Wellness Intern
Health and Wellness Interns at MOF gain hands-on learning with a focus on nutrition education, health, and wellness promotion.
- Coordinate with the Director and staff to create classes that meet the changing needs of MOF’s clients.
- Develop handouts or other informational materials designed to educate clients on the importance of good nutrition and physical activity.
- Create engaging presentations
- Assist in collecting and assembling program evaluation data.
- Assist with the client intake and interview process.
- Interest in health and wellness issues and community nutrition education
- Experience teaching or tutoring youth and or adult populations
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for community service.
- Ability to thrive both in a collaborative environment and in situations with minimal supervision.
- Must be upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable, and able to relate well with diverse populations.
- Must be available at least 10 hrs per week.
- Attend monthly intern meetings.
- Currently studying Nutrition, Biology, Kinesiology, Public Health or other related Field.
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
This is an unpaid internship. Some students may be eligible for academic credit upon successful completion of the internship. Please contact your academic adviser to determine if you qualify.
To apply, please submit letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org!